Joliet 2m Wed night net

I've participated twice now in a net that is held on a local repeater. First one I had better signal, not sure what was the issue this time around. I know an antenna outside the house would help out. Also being able to output more than 5 watts would be grand. That'll be the next radio though. I've considered a VHF amp for this one, but I'd rather just wait a bit longer for a shiny new radio. All that stated here are some of my notes from the net though.

Start time 7:00 on the WCARL's 146.820 repeater.

Net Control:
KE9ZM Gary

Other check ins:
KA9SPL Steve
N9HLG Rick
KD9MDO Mike (me)
KD9HUK Jeff

Topics bounced around a bit, main thing I learned about and am looking forward too is a hamfest coming up on the 20th. I'm looking forward to checking out all the gear and etc. I should start studying up too if I want to pass the general test by the end of Jan. Of course that'll mean I need another radio. Darn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Red Wine, and some white tooOOoooOOooo

"I can't believe we didn't listen to ska"

slim jim ladder line for 2 meter